WHAT IS VEDIC MATHS ?
Vedic Maths is the name given to the ancient system of Indian Mathematics which was rediscovered from the Vedas.
HISTORY OF VEDIC MATHS :
1). Vedic Mathematics was rediscovered between 1911 and 1918 by Swami Sri Bharati Krisna Tirthaji (1884-1960).
2). Sri Bharati Krisna wrote sixteen volumes expounding the Vedic System.
3). The ancient Hindu Scientists(Rishis) of Bharat in 16 Sutras (Phrases) and 120 words laid down simple steps for solving all mathematical problems in easy to follow 2 or 3 steps.
BASIS OF VEDIC MATHS :
- Vedic Maths is based on 16 Vedic Sutras (Sanskirt Mathematical Formulae) and their Sub-Sutras that describe natural ways of solving mathematical problems.
- Vedic Maths has simple rules and principles through which any mathematical problem can be solved easily.
THE MAIN SUTRAS
|Sl.No.||MAIN – SUTRAS||MEANI|
|By one more than the one before.|
|2.||(Nikhilam Navatascaram Dashtah)
|All from 9 and the last from|
|Vertically and Cross-wise|
|Transpose and Apply|
(Sunyam Samya samuccaye)
|If the Samuccaya is the Same it is Zero|
|If One is in Ratio the Other is Zero|
|By Addition and by Subtraction|
|By the Completion or Non-Completion|
|10.||(Yavadunam)||By the Deficiency|
|11.||(Vyashti samashti)||Specific and General|
|12.||(Seshanyankena caramena)||The Remainders by the Last Digit|
|13.||(Sopantya dvayamantyam)||The Ultimate and Twice the Penultimate|
|By One Less than the One Before|
|15.||(Gunita Samuccayah)||The Product of the Sum|
|16.||(Gunaka Samuccayah)||All the Multipliers|
|Sl.No.||SUB – SUTRAS||MEANING|
|2.||(Sishyate Seshasanjnah)||The Remainder Remains Constant|
|The First by the First and the Last by the Last|
|4.||(Kevalaih Saptakam Gunyat)
|For 7 the Multiplicand is 143|
|Lessen by the Deficiency|
|7.||(Yavadunam Tavadunikrtya Vargamca Yojayet)||Whatever the Deficiency lessen by that amount and set up the Square of the Deficiency|
|8.||(Antyayor Dasakepi)||Last Totalling 10|
|9.||(Samuccayagunitah)||Only the Last Terms|
|10.||(Samuccayagunitah)||The Sum of the Products|
|By Alternative Elimination and Retention|
|By Mere Observation|
|13.||(Gunita samuccayah Samucchaya gunitah)||The Product of the Sum is the Sum of the Products|
ADVANTAGES OF VEDIC MATHS :
- It reduces the burden of remembering large amount of stuff because it requires you to learn tables upto 9 only.
- It enables faster calculations when compared to the conventional method. Thus, the time that gets saved in the process can be used to answer more questions.
- In the Vedic System, difficult problems or huge sums can often be solved immediately by beautiful methods that are more systematic than the Modern System.
- It can introduce creativity in intelligent and smart students, while helping the slow-learners grasp the basic concepts of mathematics. More and more use of Vedic math can without any doubts generate interest in a subject that is generally dreaded by children.
- In Vedic Maths, the whole system is beautifully interrelated and unified : For example, the general multiplication method is easily reversed to allow online divisions and the simple squaring method can be reversed to give one-line square roots. And, these are all easily understood.
- It acts as a tool for reducing finger counting and scratch work.
- It plays an important role in increasing concentration as well as improving confidence.
- It is very simple, direct, totally unconventional, original and straight forward.
- It encourages mental calculations.
- It enriches our understanding of maths and enables us to see links and continuity between different branches of maths.
- Vedic Maths system also gives us a set of checking procedures for independent crosschecking of whatever we do.
- It keeps the mind alert and lively because of the element of choice and flexibility at each .
- Vedic Mathematics system to quite an extent also helps us in developing our spiritual part of personality.
- Vedic Maths makes mathematics easy and enjoyable
The real beauty and effectiveness of Vedic Mathematics can be fully appreciated by practicing the system.
STUDENT COURSE DETAILS :
- GCMAS Vedic Maths course consists of 3 levels
- The duration of each level for the student is 3 months.
- Student is taught weekly two hours